- Flying in to Narromine – AUSFLY Pilot Arrival, Parking and Departure Guidance
All pilots – please study the recommended procedures, and be ready to advise your parking requirements on “Ground Frequency” AND have available a print of your required parking area on an A4 sheet of paper to assist the ground marshals in guiding you.
Note: Prior approval is required for apron parking. So if you are part of any of the aircraft static or flying display activities – you need to have made prior arrangements to ensure your aircraft can be accommodated in the apron parking plan.
- By road – Narromine airport and town is located just west of Dubbo in NSW in central west New South Wales; parking is available within the airport precinct
- By commercial flight – Nearby Dubbo Airport is well serviced with four major airlines providing around 200 flights per week to and from Dubbo, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle, Cobar and Broken Hill
- At the event – Transport between Dubbo / Narromine and Narromine Airport
- There are a number of taxi operators based at Narromine town and Dubbo – find details online or at your accommodation
- AOPA are offering to run AusFly aviators between Dubbo and Narromine AirportThe AOPA bus will depart 8:15am on Friday 18th and Saturday 19th from Elston Park , Dubbo (corner Cobra and Gipps) out to Narromine Airport.Elston Park is in the centre of town and easily identified by the large LED info/billboard.AOPA will also offer a run back to Dubbo in the evenings – times TBA at the event subject to activities and demand at the time.
- Narromine – There is an array of accommodation choices with something to suit every taste and budget – all within close proximity to the local and regional attractions, cafes, restaurants, clubs and coffee shops.plenty. Visit places to stay in Narromine
- Dubbo – A short drive away from Narromine, the City of Dubbo offers over 70 accommodation optionswith something everyone. Visit places to stay in Dubbo
- Under-wing Camping – our traditional “under wing camping” will also be available at the airport with the usual facilities and arrangements for showers and toilets; Narromine Caravan Park also offer use of their facilities (showers, toilets etc) for a charge of $10/d per person); and meals and beverages will be variously available from the Narromine Aero Club and Narromine Gliding Club
Food & Beverages at Narromine Airport
- Organised social events
- SAAA hosted arrival BBQ on Thursday evening 17th October
- “Dinner Under the Stars” hosted by Narromine Shire on Saturday 19th October
- SAAA hosted departure breakfast on Sunday 20th October
- Narromine Aero Club
- Open every day of the event from 6:00am until close offering regular fare and beverages
- Narromine Aero Club
- Open every day of the event from 7:00am until close offering regular fare and beverages
- Other outlets
- There will be a variety of other food and beverage provider available during the event